Friday, September 24, 2010

Christinabean's Friday Finds

This week has been incredibly busy as we get ready for tomorrow's massive Smart Girl's Kick it Tour.  Saturday also marks the Teen Read Awards night.  Who do you think will win?  Here are my predictions

Best Read - The Hunger Games - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Best All Time Fave - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling

Best Series - I would like to see Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments win this one but I have a sneaky feeling that Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy is going to beat her out.

Best Book to Flick - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling although I'm certain that the Twi-hard fans are going to place New Moon at a close second for Stephenie Meyer.

Best New Writer - Fallen by Lauren Kate (although the other Lauren, Lauren Oliver wrote a pretty darn fabulous debut with Before I Fall...must be the word "Fall"....).  This was a toughie because I also loved Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl as well as Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (Patch is smokin' hot in my mind....)

Best Hero - This is the toughest prediction for me because I haven't read all of the books yet.  I was 1/2 way through Heist Society and had to return it to the library. However, I'm going to guess that it will be Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan.

Best Villain - OK, so really how can you top a guy as nasty as He Who Cannot Be Named?  and who has a nickname that is longer than their real name anyways?  Harry Potter strikes again.  That's my prediction.

Best Hottie - Hmmm...here's another toughie.  Patch is smoking hot in my mind (as mentioned earlier) but I think that Jace and I spent more time together and I feel like we got to know one another a bit better over 3 books.  I'm all for Jace from the Mortal Instruments series.  Sorry Patch.  Maybe if things don't work out with said Shadowhunter we can run amuck.

Best Liplock - Umm....another category that I have little knowledge in because I haven't read all of these titles.  So I'm going to steal something I read in a blog last week (can't name the blog since I now follow between 400-500 of them).  I hear Carrie Jones writes a mean kissing scene.  Mean as in "awesome", opposed to "not nice".

Best Canadian Read- This was honestly another tie for me.  Lesley Livingston seems to be kicking butt right now and I did have the chance to chat with her a couple weeks ago via Chapters/Indigo Facebook author interview (which was fabulous).  She is so down to earth and sweet.  However, Kelley Armstrong is more experienced and has a fairly strong series with The Darkest Powers Trilogy.  I'm going with the newbie this time around.  Sorry Kelley.  I hope you don't hold it against me when I meet you on Saturday afternoon and become a Fangirl.

So there you have it.  My predictions for the Teen Read Awards celebration in Toronto on Saturday evening.  I have to admit that I'm incredibly disappointed that I am not of the right (ahem) age bracket to attend but I'm hoping to catch the action in a video on Sunday.  Also, I cannot believe that so many authors will be in town on Saturday and we can't see them all.  Smart Chicks tour takes precedence though.  We've been anticipating this event for MONTHS!!

1 comment: