Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel

The Immortal Series by Alyson Noel


Both Curlypow and I are trying to schedule posts about specific series that we are enjoying prior to the big Smart Chicks Kick it Tour at the end of September. This summer I started reading The Immortals series and just couldn't seem to put it down. I think that because of the cover and name (Evermore), I always got it mixed up with Claudia Gray's Evernight.

To be perfectly honest, there were a few things that bothered me through the series. Ever. Sometimes I just wanted to smack her. In fact, I sometimes wonder if Ever and Zoe (from the House of Night series) could be BFFs. They both seem to do so many questionable things. Of course, then Ever might be jealous of Zoe's male entourage...

There were times in each book where the flow of the story seemed jagged and did not transition well.  I found myself reading a scene and wondering about other characters in the room.  How were they reacting?  What were they doing?  What were they feeling?  It felt like a few "voices" were missing during key moments.  Odd for me to notice this.  It did interrupt the flow for me.

**possible spoiler**

Why does Ever have to be so mean to Jude?  And why does Jude keep coming back for more abuse?? (Both figuratively and literally).

Does the triangle in the series between Ever --> Damon --> Roman
remind you of another triangle??
Think True Blood's Sookie --> Bill --> Eric

**possible spoiler over**

Despite all of my irritations, overall I have enjoyed the entire series so far.  I keep running out to buy the latest book and I find that it is an entertaining, fun read with a few original twists.  Alyson Noel has two additional titles left in the Immortals Series. One is entitled Night Star and the other is yet untitled thus ending the series in early 2012.


So let me tell you a little more about what I've learned about Alyson Noel and her writing...she has created a spinoff series for middle-school starring Ever's younger sister, Riley. The book trailer can be viewed here.


Also announced on her blog, she has just signed on to do another YA series entitled The Soul Seekers . Can't wait to find out what it's all about!

A couple more things, Alyson Noel's Shadowland has been nominated on the Chapters/Indigo Teen Reads Awards for Best Read. Voting is still happening so make your vote count! I did a little post about the awards awhile ago. Original post is here and the update with corrected info is here. Lastly, Alyson is one of the 3 main authors attending all stops of the SMART CHICKS KICK IT TOUR (eeeeek!!!!) and we will be there on September 25th in Brampton!! Is anyone else going to be there? We'd love to meet fellow bloggers and/or followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment