Sunday, January 30, 2011

Karma Club by Jessica Brody


Published: April 2010
Published by: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Pages: 272
Copy Provided by:
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:

Madison Kasparkova always thought she understood how Karma works. Do good things and you'll be rewarded, do something bad and Karma will make sure you get what you deserve. But when Maddy’s boyfriend cheats on her, nothing bad comes his way. That’s why Maddy starts the Karma Club, to clean up the messes that the universe has left behind. Sometimes, though, it isn’t wise to meddle with the universe. It turns out Karma often has plans of its own.


Review:

I loved this book. It was a quick read and easy to follow along but it was just so much fun!! Who hasn't wanted to get back at an old boyfriend for breaking their heart? I remember my girlfriends and I coming up with all sorts of schemes for revenge. Of course, we never acted upon any of them....ahem....moving on....

So the Karma Club is a feel good girl's book about staying positive, and moving forward with good intention even if you are caught in a bad place. Jessica Brody added lots of hilarity to this novel and sure, Maddy makes some questionable choices but it is all a part of growing up. There were a couple surprises in the book that I was not anticipating which was nice but I have to say, I really enjoyed this one. If you're looking for a fun read, something to make you laugh and lift your spirits, try the Karma Club. I think you'll enjoy it.

My favourite quotes -

Page 229
"If we told every story from the middle, we would never really appreciate happy endings."

Page 232
"We must follow our own path, and sometimes that path can be laden with bumps and curves and rivers to cross.  But we cannot block the paths of our neighbors, for that is not our place.  We can only seek to groom and shape our own."

Oh, and if you need more incentive, check out this book trailer -




2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved this one! I've had my eye on KARMA CLUB for awhile - it looks really cute. I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this and really liked it. I'm glad you liked it too. It was cute :)

    ReplyDelete