Thursday, May 5, 2011

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shift (Shade, #2)


Published: May 3, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 384
e-copy: Courtesy of Simon and Schuster
Summary: Goodreads

Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.



Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.


As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.

OMG, I just finished reading this and I'm still crying.  When I started reading Shift, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Shade.  I had forgotten how complex the story actually became, and this follow-up did not disappoint me at all.  When Christinabean and I met Ms Smith-Ready last year she mentioned how much she loves music and how it influences her writing.  That is so apparent in this book.  Her love for music shows in her writing and is definitely an integral part of the story.

We are re-introduced  to the characters from Shade, Aura (don't you just love that name?), Logan and Zachary. Logan, whom I wasn't very fond of in the first book, really grew on me this time around.  He seemed to really grow up and fill out as a character.  Zachary was, and still is, a really nice guy.  Although this time around he and Aura make some pretty strange decisions.  The two of them have a hard time avoiding trouble in their search to find out more about the circumstances of their births, and there are a couple of 'what the....' moments, with some interesting and exciting escapades.

What I loved about Shift was that I felt as if I was there, part of the action, hoping that things will work out for the three of them.  Does it? Were my tears happy or sad?  Well you'll have to read it yourself and find out, won't you? There's no cliffhanger ending, but I did like the possibilites for a follow-up. Unfortunately we have to wait until summer 2012 for # 3.  I personally can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment