Sunday, December 23, 2012

Same Book, Second Look - Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Published: October 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Pages: 518
Copy Provided by: Bought
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What — or who — will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself — forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

Review:

I purposely waited until the last book was finished before I dove back into this series.  Beautiful Creatures feels like one of those epic novels which will leave you hanging onto Every. Last. Written. Word.  And it is.  I know from experiencing Book #1 and Book #2 that it would be best for me to wait for it to be finished before I jumped in again.  Beautiful Chaos moved down my TBR pile because I wanted to savour it and not wait for a whole year on pins and needles.  That causes grey hair you know....and I have enough  of those!

In this installment, you will see how Ridley struggles with her new identity, how Link copes with his and how Lena and Ethan step into a more and more complicated universe.  There will be heartache, and there will be an incredibly devastating ending that will make you happy you waited for Book #4 to come out.  Trust me, you would not have wanted a year for the conclusion to come out.  I know that Curlypow was crying at the end of this book.  (Was it the ugly cry?) I wasn't crying.  I was just left stunned saying - That can't be how it ends.  Is this a joke?  Did I read that correctly?  

The Beautiful Creatures series is one of the best developed series I've read, right up there with my two favourites - Mortal Instruments and Vampire Academy.  It is hard to believe that two newbie writers came up with the idea and just ran with it.  Heck!  They are one dynamic duo!  Curlypow and I were fortunate enough to meet 1/2 of the dynamic duo a couple years ago at the first Smart Chicks Kick it Tour.  Margaret Stohl was so easy to talk to and easy-going!  She actually came through the line up to talk to readers, pose for pictures and sign books.  

On another front, Beautiful Creatures is already in production and will come to theaters February 13, 2013.  I'm expecting it to be Twilight popular.   Here's a quick peek at one of the movie posters and the trailer - 





If you are a fan of Mortal Instruments, Twilight and everything supernatural, you will enjoy this.  I'm expecting it to be the next big Book to Movie blockbuster this spring.  Beat the movie to book people train and climb aboard now!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how many times I've walked by this book on my shelves and told myself to read this series. Now I really need to before the movie! Thanks for the push...

    ReplyDelete