Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers - Lynn Weingarten


Published: December 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 352
Copy Provided by: Bought
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
If there’s an upside to having your heart broken, it’s this: A broken heart makes you brave.

The first day of sophomore year doesn’t go the way Lucy planned. After a summer apart from her boyfriend, she’s ready to greet him with a special surprise and instead gets a shocking one in return: He’s breaking up with her. Beyond devastated, Lucy has no idea how she’s going to make it through homeroom, let alone the rest of her life.

Enter three stunning girls with the unnatural ability to attract boys and an offer Lucy can’t refuse: They can heal her heart in an instant. And then she’ll be one of them—a member of a sisterhood that is impervious to heartbreak and has access to magic distilled from the tears of brokenhearted boys. But to gain their power, Lucy must get a guy to fall in love with her the old-fashioned way, and then break his heart in the next seven days.

While the sisterhood may need another Heartbreaker, Lucy’s only desire is to get her ex back. But how far is she willing to go, and who is she willing to cross to get what she wants?

Review:

I hate doing this.  I really do...but I did not finish this title.  I wanted to like it, I truly did...I even read about 40 or 50 pages but then I just couldn't take it anymore.  LUCY WAS DRIVING ME NUTS!!  There. I said it.  I found a character in a novel that drove me to stop reading.  She was becoming so whiney and insecure and obsessed with getting her old boyfriend back.  But as we read about their relationship, we see it wasn't nearly as perfect as she thinks it was.  She was putting in 80% of the effort and he was just taking advantage of her nice thoughts and gestures.  Maybe I would have continued reading if the whiney part was shortened...I wanted to yell at the pages of this book and say - GET A BACKBONE AND MOVE ON!  HE'S JUST NOT INTO YOU.  Instead, I now find myself saying - I'm sorry (Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers), I'm just not into you...maybe you'll feel differently though.

No comments:

Post a Comment